The Wellness Committee is excited to kick off Spring with our very first Central Wellness Week 3/27-3/31! We have planned activities throughout the week and we hope that you take part in them.
What is the WSCC model?
The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child, or WSCC model, is CDC’s framework for addressing health in schools. The WSCC model is student-centered and emphasizes the role of the community in supporting the school, the connections between health and academic achievement, and the importance of evidence-based school policies and practices. The WSCC model has 10 components:
Physical Education and Physical Activity
Nutrition Environment and Services
Counseling, Psychological and Social Services
Social and Emotional Climate
Each day will have a focus and suggested activities.
- Walking challenge begins
- Wellness Bingo begins
- Incorporate a moment of deep breathing and soft music into your classroom
- Infuse positive affirmations into your day with coworkers and students
- Be intentional about what we are fueling our bodies with
- Increase water intake
- Do a device fast to rid yourself of external stressors and eliminate blue light at rest hours
- Take your class on a walk inside or outside throughout the day
- Physical activity at least 30 minutes
- Offer brain breaks with GoNoodle or other activity apps as you can in your classroom
- Show gratitude to a fellow employee with a random act of kindness
- Bring in a healthy food item with a recipe card to share ideas
Welcome to Spring Break! A time to relax, recharge and be ready for the final days of the school year!